Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Moving...

So we finally closed on our house. It is such a relief to have that done. Yay, another checkmark on my to-do list. Too bad that my to-do list is so big that one checkmark really doesn't make a difference. UG.

So as most everyone knows, May 7th is the day, the day we move out. We are leaving probably around noon and driving to my parents' house in Tennessee (7.5 hours) and then the next day getting up at the crack of dawn and driving to Spring, TX (near Houston) (16 hours). Luckily, I will probably not be driving... thanks to Ivan..! He is the best.

I wish that I could say that everything will be relaxing until May 7th. But, oh no, it is more like all out craziness. Ivan and I have to finish the packing by this Friday (the 30th) since the moving company is coming. Of course, all of the packing is NOT done... but hopefully it will be. After that, we get to finish repainting the apartment back to white and cleaning it like Cinderella.

I think the most relaxing moment of the month of May will be the time I am riding in the car on the drive to Houston. When we get there we have to unpack, register our cars, get our licenses, grocery shop, and be there for all the appliance deliveries. Now some of this will probably be fun, but I am sure it will be stressful.

Anyway, I am glad that I won't have to do this again for quite a few years. I feel like I JUST moved to Maryland..but I could never settle. I am happy to finally be in a HOUSE and be settled! Now, if I just had all the money in the world so I could buy furniture.. haha! well guess that will have to wait!

Stay tuned for moving in pictures.. fun fun!

2 comments:

  1. This is so exciting! I know how you feel about the packing. It is stressing. The only difference is that you seem to have more motivation than I! On the drive you should just listen to some Buble and read a good book because, by the sound of it, that IS your one and only time to really relax. Anyway, I am so excited for you guys. This is great because when TX finally gets tired of the crap, you will already be there when they secede! Score!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I have said before "this IS life" It is always one thing or another that is happening. Enjoy it one day at a time. There is nothing urgent about unpacking. Enjoy each box and deciding where each thing should go. Have fun with it. :)

    ReplyDelete