Thursday, April 29, 2010

Recent Sickness and Emergency Room

Well, no one really knows because I haven't shared it, but since Sunday I have been dealing with some weird problem. Sunday night, I started to have massive lower abdominal pain. After about an hour after the pain started, I had to vomit. I thought that the vomiting would relieve the pain but it did not. I then vomiting about every 20 minutes. It came to the point that I wasn't really even vomiting anything, yet my body was still telling my stomach to do it.

I finally decided to go to the emergency room. I was in so much pain that I couldn't sleep or even get comfortable (even in a bath). After waiting an hour in the ER waiting room, I was finally seen. I was given an anti-vomit medication, morphine, and an IV. They ran a ton of tests on me including a pap-smear, sonogram, internal sonogram, urine test, and blood test. There was nothing wrong according to all these tests. I really thought that this whole issue was intestinal. Except, I had no proof. When I finally was able to have a bowel movement, it was pretty bad. YET, it did NOT relieve the pain. Over time, the pain went to a 2 on the scale of 1-10, whereas when I came it was a 9.  I was discharged with pain medication and anti-vomit medication. Then I had a lovely "crap-your-pants" moment in CVS while getting the prescription... which is ALWAYS pleasant.

The next day (Monday) I felt "ok". I didn't need to take any of the medication. I was kind of gassy  (to be honest.. maybe TMI) but I felt ok. But I did not have a bowel movement as expected.

Tuesday went buy with the same feeling as Monday, a bit more pain here and there but still ok. But no bowel movement.

Wednesday came and went with no bowel movement and that is when I figured something was wrong. I had Ivan go buy some fast acting ex-lax to just help this situation. According to the box, it should work within 6-12 hours. Well, I am sitting here now Thursday at 7:44 with no proof of it "working". Therefore, I took some more and we will see what the result is. In the meantime, I am back on the pain medication as I am in tremendous pain. Why is my body putting me through this? I have no clue. I just want it to be over with. :( I have to work from home because I can't drive to work with the pain meds and I get tired and have to take frequent naps because of the meds.

Anyway, prayers would be appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. Wow I didn't know it was still going on. Talk to the doctor about a colonoscopy. btw your writing technique was pretty funny. A "crap-your-pants" moment???? lol I nearly died. mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Class A "poop attack" right there. Feel better! When it does "work"... Ivan just may want to... er... evacuate the premises if you know what I mean because that is going to be straight-up unpleasant.

    ReplyDelete