Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Man's Steps are Directed by the Lord

Ok, so I was doing my Ruth Bible study today.. and I was asked to read these few verses.

Proverbs 20:24
"A man's steps are directed by the LORD.
How then can anyone understand his own way?"

Proverbs: 21:30-31
"There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan
that can succeed against the LORD. The horse is made ready for the day of battle,
but victory rests with the LORD."

Jeremiah 10:23
"I know, O LORD, that a man's life is not his own;
it is not for man to direct his steps."

I can't really express how much these verses meant to me, especially after the last couple of hours. I just found out (well I guess "found out" is not the proper term), or maybe more like "realized" that the next few weeks are going to be awful at work. I am not used to quarter reviews in audit because I have mainly done federal audits (and we only have a year end). Anyway, this is going to be highly stressful for me 1) Because almost everyone is new to the audit, 2) I have a huge learning curve I am still trying to leap, 3) We just got a tone of new software that we are all trying to figure out, and 4) We have a little over a week.

So what does this mean? It means overtime and lots of it. It means that I will be eating at work and possibly working on Saturdays. This causes a problem for me since I have to make a cake for someone by the 31st and I need my Saturdays for that (and I actually need a Friday as well). I also have a friend coming on the 31st and so I will get to spend very little time with him. This is all just overwhelming for me because I am not used to working late hours out of busy season times. This isn't even busy season and we are working late hours. My question is "how will I survive?" and "will I have enough time to get everything done?". Ivan is fine with the late hours, and he doesn't care. It is just really hard on me. There isn't much I can do but just deal with it. These verses however, do give me some hope. They help just to remind me that God is in control, not me, not Ivan, not KPMG, not Lockheed, not anyone. God is in control of our lives, and He guides them. I am just in constant prayer that God will continue to guide us and give me happiness and contentment in the situation in which He has placed me right now. It is very difficult for me because I am not content and I just pray that He will give me that. I can tell you that if it doesn't come from God, it isn't coming! I am just praying that the Lord will also just show us some home and give us some direction. I feel like I am just sitting still.. like there is no movement and I have no clue what God wants for us next. It becomes very easy to feel like God has forgotten us, and that we will be in this same situation forever. However, I have to rest in these verses and know that God has plans for us.

Lindsey

2 comments:

  1. You know way more than me about your God, but I'd guess that He believes in you as much as you believe in Him. And I believe in you too. =)

    Perhaps He is testing your will, giving you challenges of long and tedious labor, to make sure you can handle an amazing business opportunity (perhaps cakes or Bible studies) that lies ahead!!

    I honestly think that He gave you your talents for good reasons. And as willing as you are to serve Him with the blessings He has bestowed upon you, I think using your talents to serve the world around you and the people in it is also important.

    It takes courage to do that and follow your dreams, but if anyone is smart enough, it's you. =)

    Here's a new idea: Make a bundle of treats for your Sunday study group. Inside each treat put a Biblical candy-gram! Biblical Bon Bons for all!! (You'll make TONS of friends that way, lol.)

    Also, I really liked your Post about the charm bracelet. I've known you for years, but I feel like I got to know you a little bit more while reading it. You should do more posts like that one. It was fun, symbolic, and unique.

    <3, Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Kristin! Thanks for the post :). I like your idea of the candy-grams.. haha! So.. anyway... I will call you today (I know I missed your call yesterday)

    ReplyDelete