Friday, July 9, 2010

My day... and so it begins.

Well today is the day.... the day I turn my favorite number "24". I can say that today has started off well.. not the best. I had to get up at 6am to go to work...(yes I am working on my birthday). I had to go because thanks to the CPA, I still have negative PTO (personal time off hours). Therefore, according to colleagues in the Houston office, I would have to get all these special approvals to go "more negative". Therefore, I just am biting the bullet and working.

Second thing that has gone wrong today, I found out that we got the quote from the plumber yesterday. We are trying to get the plumber to plumb for this water softener we bought (and seriously need because the hard water is ruining stuff).The problem is that he wants to charge us $3,000 or $1,500 (if we buy the parts)...and we ALREADY have the dang softener. Now, normally one would think "just go find another plumber". The problem with that idea is that our house plumbing is under a 2 year warranty and I worry about voiding it. I just don't think Ivan and I can afford $1,500 + price of product. Oh and btw, the guy also has to make a few holes in the sheetrock/drywall so we would have to pay to get that fixed as well. My day just keeps getting better.

Thirdly, we have been having this CONSTANT air conditioning problem in our house. The humidity fluctuates between 50% and 63%. The AC guy has been over at the house like 5 times and there is "nothing" wrong according to him. So one day we tested the humidity at our house 60% and then took our humidity tester to the model home (same exact lay out) and it was 50% there. Like what is  UP WITH THAT!... so the AC guy came again and we closed off the "fresh air" vent.. hoping that would solve it. Nope... I woke up to day with 57% staring me in the face on the little tester thing on the counter. So, now we have to call the builder AGAIN. I don't know what anyone is going to do as it seems that they have checked everything.

At this point I am just frustrated because I am stuck with this house that, though gorgeous.... feels like I am in the middle of the everglades!!! and of course (back to point one), I can't do much but wait since I am at work today!

Now.. I have tried to encourage myself at work.. and tried to be positive so I hung up some verses. First, I hung up Psalms 91:1-16. Then I hung up Colossians 3:22-24 which to me is very positive and to some extent helps me get through the work day.

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to win their favor, but in sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord. Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving"

I have wanted to get involved with ministry in some way for so long. Whether it would be just volunteering at the church, working at the church, starting a Bible study, writing a Bible study etc... but I can't do that right now because of just financial situations (which of course the plumber's bill is making worse! erg). But, I have to remember that where I am working right now... is part of God's will for me... and I need to work at it with a positive outlook as it is for Him.

We are studying Ruth in summer Bible study...and there were some verses that meant so much to me, especially because I am not in the "mom" stage of my life yet. Ruth 2:5-7 says " Boaz asked the foreman of his harvesters, 'Whose young woman is that?' the foreman replied, 'She is the Moabitess who came back from Moab with Naomi. She said "Please let me glean and gather among the sheaves behind the harvesters" She went into the fiel and has worked steadily from morning till now, except for a short rest in the shelter'".

Ruth was in one of the most hostile situations she could be in... she was in Bethlehem, with Israelites. Moabites were enemies of Israelites and not only was she there living with them, but she was also a widow! Yet, she worked so hard... and I don't hear one complaint from her in the whole book of Ruth. Oh how I wish I could be that strong!

Anyway... enough of my rant. It is time to get to work.. and finish this day out!

Lindsey

6 comments:

  1. Well, I hope the rest of your day gets better! Feliz cumpleanos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Courtney... it already has "maybe".. Ivan has 3 different plumbers coming to give quotes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope that your day gets better and that you are able to enjoy your birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday! If I'd known I would've made sure to hug your neck on Sunday! I hope you had a great weekend celebrating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! I appreciate it.. my birthday actually got better as the day went on, although we still haven't solved the AC issue.

    ReplyDelete