Friday, September 17, 2010

My Fall Centerpiece...

Ok it has been a long time since I have posted. I have been so busy and have had very little time to just sit down and post. I decided to post this short little blog about the new centerpiece I made for fall. As most of you have seen (from my previous posts), I have a very large dining room table (from my parents). It really needs a large centerpiece. I found this one at a small eclectic store but it was ridiculously expensive. Therefore, I decided to make one myself. I bought a wood tray for the piece. This was the hardest find because most long wood trays have handles.. or they are not long enough.
Then I want to Garden Ridge and picked up these AWESOME pumpkin spice candles… the three globes, and a back of holiday potpourri. I also bought some fall flowers (which I used to make two centerpieces). In addition, I picked up some cinnamon pinecones.. love those!!
Then I created this:

I intergrated some fake leaves and some gold sparkle pods as well. It really looks great on the table. I used the remaining flowers (since I always buy too many) to create a small centerpiece for my kitchen table. I already had the vase and so I put a pinecone in the bottom and just went from there. It also sparkles from the gold pods.


The great thing is that I can use the tray and the globes to create a Christmas centerpiece as well so that it is very dual purpose. I can’t wait to get started on the Christmas one… I will also be posting some other decorating items that we have added soon.
Lindsey

3 comments:

  1. You are amazing! That looks beautiful! So nice and ready for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey, cute blog and even cuter centerpiece!

    ReplyDelete