Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mushrooms, Mushrooms, and More Mushrooms

Hey ya'll I am trying to see who is following/reading my blog. Please either "follow" my blog by clicking the follow link... or just comment on one of my blog entries. I would love to see who is reading!

Ok, so I promise this will NOT become a recipe/cooking blog. There are already so many out there. However, I have been really into cooking lately so I am sharing some of the recipes I am making. Anyway, if you want to know more about the cookbook I am using.... see this post.

This recipe is:

Mushroom  Quiche (George H. W. Bush). I swear I did NOT go pick out the Bush recipes when I started this venture. I just happened to see two recipes that looked really good in the appendix (Mushroom Quiche and Mushroom Soup). Can you tell I like mushrooms? Anyway, OBVIOUSLY the Bush family does too figuring both recipes are theirs.

I got home from work last night and whipped this quiche up. It actually was pretty quick. I didn't realize until I was done, that the recipe didn't call for any cheese! I know its shocking! Anyway, I added some fresh parmesan to the top of it once it was done and it was delicious! The recipe was for 1 quiche in 1 pie crust. However, when I had finished the filling, there was NO way it was staying in one pie crust. It was a good thing that pie crusts typically come in packs of two. Anyway, next time (assuming there is a next time), I will use either a deep dish pie crust, or I will just make my own. It will all depend on how much time want to spend (although making a crust is fairly simple). Well, here are the pictures:



They were really really good! We have tons of leftovers now though. We typically like leftovers because it means we don't have to cook every night. However, we also have a lot of leftover strognoff from when we had some friends over for dinner the other night. If I could freeze the leftover quiche I would, however, egg does not freeze well. I will probably just have to freeze the strognoff.

Stay tuned for more recipes.... I have Garlic Chicken and Potatoes, and Chicken in Paprika Cream Sauce planned for the remainder of the week.


1 comment:

  1. Mmm... I'm not a quiche fan, but I do love mushrooms! The chicken in paprika cream sauce sounds delightful, maybe you can tempt us with pictures of that dish as well. :)

    ReplyDelete