Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Random Moments

Ok so I just had a weird/cool moment today. On Wednesdays, I typically drive to work (whereas normally I take the bus). Anyway, I always park in this parking lot right across from the KPMG building. It is pretty cheap if I get in before 8am (only $6). Anyway, I always drive my Miata. Every time, I pull up to the little stand in the middle of the parking lot to pay and get the receipt for the dash. The guy who is there is a really nice guy who will always try to let you park closest to your building. Anyway, today I drove up in my CRV, and the dialogue went like this:

Him "Where are you going?"
Me: "That building there" [I point]
Him: "Oh you must be with KPMG? Did they tell you to park here because I haven't seen you before?"
Me: "Oh no, I have parked here before.Normally I drive a different car"
Him: "What car do you drive?"[at this point he is trying to remember]
Me: " A little miata"
Him: " Oh Ya! I didn't recognize you... and you have long hair. I didn't recognize you with it up"

Lol... anyway, I just thought it was neat that he even remember who I was (once I told him my car). This guy sits here all day, with tons of different cars and different people, yet he remembers them. I only park there once a week (and so far that has only been twice). It made me think that I should probably try to do the same thing. Heck, I barely remember the names of people I see in my bible study EVERY SUNDAY. Yet this guy, remembered that I had long hair, which is just funny to me.

So that is my little "revelation" for the day. I need to be better at remembering people and names.

Lindsey

2 comments:

  1. Aww that is sweet! Doesn’t it also make you feel safe leaving your car there, especially since he knows which car goes with which person. What a great parking attendant.

    ReplyDelete