Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Fun...!

I can across this wonderful idea for a holiday-"ish" post. My friend Darby from "Life with the Hawleys" answered the questions, and now I will answer them. If you decide to repost, please let me know so I can read YOUR answers :)

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? 
I used to like egg nog, however I think I am allergic to eggs so none for me this year. I like homemade hot chocolate the best. I made it last year with dark chocolate and it was amazing!











2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa as ALWAYS wrapped the gifts. Actually, he always wrapped my gifts in one color paper and my sister's in another. Then he would leave a note to tell us which wrapping was ours. Santa has continued this tradition with Ivan and me. 












3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? 
This is a tough one. Every time I see white lights I LOVE them. However, I grew up with colored lights and they make me remember my childhood the most. We have 3 trees, the main one and a small one have colored, and the other small one has white. 











4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Yup...although I am pretty sure we forget it is there!













5. When do you put your decorations up? 
Haha .... well... years ago (and this year) it has always been the Friday after Thanksgiving. However the last couple years, they were up before Halloween... :)















6. What is your favorite holiday dish? 
I love Chili  Rellano pie! It is this cheese dish we always have Christmas morning. It is so ridiculously good. I also love my moms Christmas candy and my dad's fudge. 












7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? 
One year, my sister and I woke up at 4:00 in the morning to open gifts. My parents decided that was the end of that. So they started a tradition that we would have to hear Christmas music playing before we could come out of our rooms (we always slept in the same room on Christmas eve, up until the day I got married). When my dad would turn on the Christmas music, we would BOLT out of bed.... 





8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I was 11 or 12 I think?




























9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? 
My sister and I always open the gifts to each other. 



















10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? 
Our main tree is a collection of different ornaments. However, it is covered in Wallace silver bells. My mom started collection one each year since the year I was born. She gave them all to me when I got married. Ivan and I have started a similar tradition. We are collecting Swarovski crystal snowflakes for each year we have been married. On of our smaller trees is decorated in all baking/cooking gingerbread ornaments!



11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? 
I love it... but after Christmas, I want it gone!

























12. Can you ice skate? 
Yes


















13. What is on your Christmas list this year? 
I asked for a SLR camera. I am pretty sure I am getting that. :) 























14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?
 I like being with my family and having some time off to really enjoy the time. 


















15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Definitely my mom's Christmas candy and my dad's fudge (although I don't if that is dessert... it is more a snack-all-day type of treat!)

















16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? 
This changes from time to time. I do like how we open our stockings before breakfast. 


















17. What tops your tree? 
My parents had a tree topper that I loved as a child. It was a precious moments angel (glass and all). When I got married, I asked if I could have her. I couldn't find any thing else that I liked more. 























18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
I like giving....it is seriously a problem. I spent WAY too much money on my sister's kid and he hasn't even been BORN!






















19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? 
Yum! ...however they have gluten in them so they are a no no for me. 


















20. Favorite Christmas movie?
I have no clue.. I love many of them. It is either the Muppet Christmas carol or the Grinch (with Jim Carrey). I also LOVE The Santa Clause
























21. Weirdest Christmas song?
I want a hippopotamus for Christmas ... however I think it is really funny!








22. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Um.... this is really hard. I am big fan of Transiberian Orchestra. My dad has been a fan club member from the beginning so we always get good seats at the concerts. However, if I was to pick my favorite non-TSO song, it would be Drummer Boy by Whiteheart (it HAS to be the Whiteheart version).
















Provide your answers below or link to where you answered them!!!

1 comment:

  1. #8 What real info about Santa are you talking about???? (Christmas 1994, I think, that makes you 8 or it could have been 9, not too old, you asked WAY too many questions)
    #22 you darn well that it is TENDER Tennessee Christmas that you love the most *hehe*

    ReplyDelete