Monday, February 13, 2012

Online Missionary? YES!

This blog entry is dedicated to the Global Media Outreach ministry. I am so excited to be involved with such a wonderful organization.

As many of you know, I went to East Asia on a mission trip last July. I really have a heart for that country and the people there and I have to say, I miss the ability to go back. I would go back in a heartbeat if I had the resources, vacation time, and the ability to eat what was put in front of me (gluten intolerance is pretty much unheard of there). Anyway, I found out from a good friend of mine, Cheryl, about this ministry "Global Media Outreach". Basically, this ministry has websites that appear when people search Jesus, God, or how to be saved, etc. There is a link on the website for these individuals to contact "someone" from the website. The people that write back are volunteers (like me) who have gone through training to answer the emails.



So why am I so excited about this ministry? Because.... I get to reach people for Jesus without having to put my health in jeopardy. Although, nothing can take the place of actually going (and I would if I could), this gave me such a great opportunity to do mission work year round. I am also not saying that ministry work shouldn't be risky. I just love that I can be involved with ministry, all the time, from my house! It is so rewarding!

I have really enjoyed it so far. I get multiple emails a week from people all over the world and I get the opportunity to share the gospel with them or encourage them in their Christian walk.

1 comment: