Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Tim Hawkins--the Funniest Comedian Ever--Heck ya!

So, I have been trying to keep up with blogging lately. I realized that I had been slacking. So, the multitude of recent posts is hopefully making up for that. Although, it may not matter as my blog readership is typically only about 30 hits per post. Oh well... hopefully I can increase that soon.

Anyway, I wanted to write a quick blog about the Tim Hawkins comedy show I went to recently. If you don't know who Tim Hawkin is, then youtube him. He is hilarious! He honestly is one of the funniest comedians I have ever heard, and I have heard quite a few. I had been watching different clips on youtube for the last couple of months, and when I heard he was coming to Houston's First Baptist Church, I was elated! I was a little nervous that I had heard most of his material via the web, but boy was I wrong!

We actually ran into some friends Amanda and Andy from Houston's first. We got to sit next to them during the show... and we were all cracking up!

I can't even begin to explain the funniness that IS Tim Hawkins. If you have never seen him, you should. His website is www.timhawkins.net. He has shows in multiple different cities during the year, there is probably one near you.

I know that when the term "Christian comedian" comes around, people shy away. For some reason "christian comedian" has become synonymous with "super boring". This is NOT the case, and let me reemphasize the NOT, with Tim Hawkins! You will bust a gut... and if you don't ... you are free to call me and say that I was wrong. Halfway through the show, I didn't think I could laugh any longer... I literally thought my body physically couldn't handle it.. well that somehow didn't stop me. It was awesome. Here is a little clip to leave you with... enjoy!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment