Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Rodeo, Reba, and Rain!

*Please note all these pictures were taken on my phone (since cameras weren't allowed), the Reba pics are from the 93Q website*.

So a few weeks ago we went to the rodeo.  This is one of my favorite things about Texas. I love the rodeo. It is a constant reminder (once a year) of why I love to live here. Different artists play at Rodeo every year. Last year we went to see Rascal Flatts. This year we decided to see Reba at Rodeo! I was so excited for this concert because I love Reba, but I have never seen her in concert.

Picture from the 93Q Website

I bought this whole outfit for rodeo... I was so excited! I bought some cute jeweled shorts, and this cute top. The problem is that the weather on rodeo day was not ideal for this outfit to say the least!! I ended up wearing my regular old jeans and a sweater over my shirt. Additionally, when we got there, it was raining. This wasn't so bad in the beginning. However, the wind picked up. The wind was so strong that it was blowing the rain on a diagonal so basically the umbrellas were worthless.
At home before the rode

Basically this is how the rodeo is structured, the parking lots are pretty far from the stadium. So you either wait and take a trolley or walk (we decided to walk because when we first left the car it was drizzling). When you arrive there is a gate that you enter to go to the fair and the livestock show. The livestock show and all the little shops are in a building on the other side of the stadium from the entrance. We arrived around 4:00pm (the rodeo part starts around 6:30pm and then the concert around 8pm). We planned to enjoy the shops and the livestock show. However, by the time we walked all the way around the stadium to the livestock show (you can't walk through the stadium because they don't open the doors until before the rodeo), we were soaking wet and freezing (I couldn't feel my legs!). There were definitely moments on the walk over there that I cried... I really wanted to turn around and drive home. It was so miserable. Seriously, I didn't want to stay. However, once we made it inside, I was able to find some affordable and DRY jeans. I purchased the jeans and then all was good again! It is amazing how much better you feel when you aren't wearing wet jeans.




The rest of the night went pretty well. The rodeo was awesome and Reba was fantastic. I truly enjoyed the concert and at the end of the night I was really glad I stuck it out! I definitely will be going to another Reba concert in the future. Ah... I love her!
Picture from 93Q Website

No comments:

Post a Comment