Sunday, July 22, 2012

Lindsey Portugal Photography



Hey ya’ll,

Well it has been quite a long time since my last blog post.  I didn’t mean to leave it like that... I have just been so busy in the last couple weeks (with work and some tragic family events which I will explain later). I will probably be pretty busy going forward as well. Part of the reason I have been busy is because I have been busy launching my business. In the last few weeks I have launched Lindsey Portugal Photography! So, after I get home from my full time job in the corporate world, I study, shoot, edit, and plan.

Honestly, it has been so exciting. Although, I am super busy and sometimes am running around like a chicken with my head cut off, I am enjoying it! So, what exactly have I been doing? Well… I have been studying my photography books, doing a few different shoots, editing photos, attending conferences, filing government documents (the government wants their sales tax *wink*), and developing the website. 

Now, that last one has mainly been my husband’s job. Ivan has been SUCH a sport in all of this. I really couldn’t do any of this without him. He has been researching technology for me (any technology other than cameras of course), website “stuff”, and a bunch of other things. He has also been such a great assistant on my shoots! He also designed my website from scratch (it is so nice to be married to a software engineer!). 

I finally have a small portfolio… and now I am just busy starting to advertise. I just got my sales tax license the other day and my business cards finally arrived too! 

I also upgraded my camera already. Cameras are so expensive and so is glass (lenses). It took me forever to make a decision…but I finally did and I am super excited about. I now have a Canon 5d Mark III. My next investment is going to be this lens I really want. Until then, I am just practicing a lot and trying to learn all the new features on my camera. 

Anyway, so without further ado… check out www.LindseyPortugalPhotography.com !!! Let me know what you thing…and last but not least…if you like the work,  recommend me to your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment