Monday, September 17, 2012

Day 3: Happiness Project - Fall Decor, Medication, and some Sparkle


Today was Day 3 of the Happiness Project (well I am kind of cheating here because I skipped the weekend…whoops).  Click here to find out more about the Happiness project. Feel free to join in with your own blog. Post your link in the comments so that I can follow you and see what you are thankful for! The three things I am thankful for today are:

1. Fall Decorations
I put up fall decorations this weekend and it has been really nice to have them in the house. The weather also cooled off a bit (probably not permanent but I will take what I can get). The combination has just made me so excited for fall and the Christmas season. I really can’t wait! I even made pumpkin spice lattes this past weekend (more on that here).












2. News from the Pharmaceutical Company
I have been on singular for the past 6-8 months and this last time I went to get my prescription filled, something changed. Instead of getting the name brand Singulair, I was provided with the generic. I guess August 6th, a new generic version of Singulair had been approved. I typically don’t worry when it comes to these things (hey cheaper meds is better for me!). However, different companies put different “inactive” ingredients in their pills. Therefore, I had to worry about gluten in my medication. I called on Friday and left a message but I didn’t receive an answer. I figured they would never call. However, today they called and told me that there is in fact no gluten in the generic version. Hurray! All is well. 

3. My pretty wedding ring
I cleaned my wedding ring the other day and I was just reminded of how much I love it! It is sparkling again (it was pretty dirty before I cleaned it). 


Exercise:
Ok, I am not going to lie here. I didn’t exercise again. I should have but I didn’t. I find without an accountability partner, it becomes really hard to be motivated. Therefore, I found a friend of mine from Virginia who is going to partner with me. We will be doing email accountability. Yay! 

Meditation: 
I did not meditate on God’s word yesterday or pray. It was not good. I was seriously distracted all day. This probably was the one thing that truly contributed to my unhappiness today. 

Random Act of Kindness: 
I had a very exciting random act of kindness today! There is a lot of construction going on near my building at work. Due to the construction, the main street to get to the parking garage is blocked. Therefore, everyone has to go through another parking lot (across traffic) to get to the garage. There is a police officer who stands out in the road every day and blocks the traffic so that we all can get across easily with little delay. Anyone who know Houston, knows it is hot here! So it is really a great thing for him to do. I brought him a Thank You card today. He really seemed grateful! It was awesome!

Day 3 down, 27 days to go!

1 comment:

  1. Loving the Fall Decor! I can't wait to own a house. I'm going to change it up seasonally and for holidays. Thanks for stopping by my blog and it was great meeting you too!

    Shasie of Live Life in Style
    Check out my interview of Jane By Design Actor Bryan Dechart

    ReplyDelete