Friday, September 21, 2012

Day 5: Happiness Project - Driving, Harmony, and Babies


Today was Day 5 of the Happiness Project. Click here to find out more about the Happiness project. Feel free to join in with your own blog. Post your link in the comments so that I can follow you and see what you are thankful for! The three things I am thankful for today are:

1. My Morning Drive
I don’t know if it is the fact that it is fall (in my mind), or the fact that I had my pumpkin spice latte with me… but I really have been enjoying my morning drives to work. I have been playing my Christmas music (don’t judge!) and just relaxing. 

2. Harmony
My dog is by far the cutest dog ever! That is not a biased statement . Last night she was all whiney…watching the door every 5 minutes. She was waiting for Ivan to come home. However, Ivan was out of town. It was so cute. She loves Ivan so much and when he doesn’t come home it is like the most depressing moment in her little life. When I called her in for “bed time” she just tilted her head (the cute way Pomeranians do) as if she was saying “What? bed time? But daddy hasn’t come home yet.” It was adorable.



3. My friend Amanda and her new baby Anderson
This morning (remember these posts are on a delay) I woke up with a text from my friend Amanda. She had her baby! He is such a sweet little thing. He did not want to leave his mama either. She was past her due date and everything. I am so glad to have friends like Amanda. I hope to see her sweet one soon!



Exercise:
I am not exercising until Ivan gets back from his trip. I have too many things to deal with so let’s just put it like that.  He runs with me in the morning and when he is not here, I am totally unmotivated to do that. 

Meditation: 
I had some nice time in the car on the way home from work and at home where I just reflected on the day. Since Ivan hasn’t been home, the house has been very quiet and I have been able to just “relax and reflect”

Random Act of Kindness: 
This is going to seem like a very odd random act of kindness. I actually reached out and spoke to someone at the craft store. I was basically in line at Joann’s getting some materials for a newborn shoot I have coming up. Anyway, I went out of my normal comfort zone and asked the lady what she was making. She lit up when I asked her. She went on and on about what she was making, and why, etc. I clearly had made her day by asking her. It actually felt good.

Day 5 down, 25 days to go!

4 comments:

  1. Aww your dog is so cute! I have cats back home at my parents house...no pets here thought...my roommate doesn't like animals (SACRILEGE I KNOW!). I need to find someway to enjoy my morning drive now that it's doubled with my move!!

    Shasie of Live Life in Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harmony is the cutest dog ever, can't way to see you in November

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey, I am so proud of you and your happiness project. It actually inspires me to try it. =] What an awesome, uplifting idea. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea. It is always wonderful to be thankful. We all have so many blessings, Love little Harmony!

    ReplyDelete