Monday, September 24, 2012

Day 6: Happiness Project - Candles, Friday, and Packages


Today was Day 6 of the Happiness Project. Click here to find out more about the Happiness project. Feel free to join in with your own blog. Post your link in the comments so that I can follow you and see what you are thankful for! The three things I am thankful for today are:

1. My “Happy Thanksgiving” Yankee Candle
Ok, can I first just express how much of a nut I am when it comes to candles. I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. I really don’t think there is such a thing as having too many candles. That being said, I had to trash a bunch of candles recently. I have these pumpkin candle holders (see this post) that I love. However, the candles that I bought to go in them were very cheap. They smelled very nice, but they were cheap. The problem with them is that they had an oil on the outside. This oil caused them to eat through the Ziploc bags that I put them in for storage (eessh… talk about toxic!!!). Therefore, I trashed them. I really wanted to get some yankee candles to put in the pumpkins but all of the yankee pillars have glass and I just wanted free standing pillars. Anyway, I went to the yankee candle store anyway. I wanted to get this three pumpkin tea candle holder that my sister and mom have. While I was there, I discovered their “swirl” candles. Wow! Amazing. These candles are basically two candle fragrances combined into one jar. I bought the happy thanksgiving one which was a combination of pumpkin pie and be thanksful scents. It is glorious! I lit it last night and this morning and I couldn’t be more in love!



2. Friday (Don't forget, these posts are on a delay! I know this is actually posting on Monday!!)
I was tempted to post the “Friday” video, but decided to spare you (this should have been my random act of kindness ahah!). Anyway, I am really glad it is Friday today. This week has been pretty long for me. I have a lot of Pinterest crafting to do this weekend as well, so I am excited to get started on it when I get home. I also have a blogger symposium this weekend which I am excited about. I have never been to a blogger symposium so this will be new for me!  (Of course by the time you read this, I have already been there. See the recap of it here!)



3.  Notice that my package shipped
I got notice that my package from B&H shipped. I ordered this special deal about a month ago which included Photoshop and Lightroom 4. The deal was so good that I purchased it despite the fact that I already own Lightroom. Anyway, I am so excited. I get it next week!!! I have photoshop now but it is a pretty outdated version. I am totally psyched! 

Exercise:
As mentioned before, I am not exercising until Ivan gets home. I have too many other things to do when he is gone. 

Meditation: 
I had a great time of just relaxation and meditation when I got home. I have found that my "thought time" has been a lot more positive lately. I have also found that although I can be interrupted with something negative during the day, I bounce back to "happy thoughts" pretty quickly. I don't know if that is just the result of a good week or the project. Only time will tell!

Random Act of Kindness: 
Today, as I was driving through Panera to get my Pumpkin Spice Latte, I decided to grab one for a colleague at work. My colleague was extremely grateful and it felt good to bless someone’s day!


Day 6 down, 24 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment