Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Day 7: Happiness Project - Ivan, PF Changs, and Fitness


Today was Day 7 of the Happiness Project. Click here to find out more about the Happiness project. Feel free to join in with your own blog. Post your link in the comments so that I can follow you and see what you are thankful for! The great thing about posting these things on a delay (for example all of this was written over a week ago), is that I get to remember what I was thankful for! The three things I am thankful for today are:

1. My husband coming home!
Although this didn’t occur “today” and rather occurred on the weekend, I am still thankful for it. Ivan was gone on a business trip to Calgary. I am so excited that he is home. I hate sleeping alone and the house just gets so quiet and lonely. I am glad he is home! (Isn't he handsome?!)



2. Diet Accountability
It is time for me to start my accountability today. I am excited. I feel like accountability really helps me get my butt out of bed in the morning to exercise. It also helps me eat right. I know I am going to have to tell my accountability partner everything I eat so it really helps me not eat junk! So let’s see if I can lose these 20 lbs! (sadly this is on a delay and it isn't going well.. stay tuned!) 

3. PF Changs

I love that PF Changs does gluten free. There are so many restaurants out right now that “say” they do gluten free but they really don’t. It bothers me to no end when I see this on a gluten free menu “we have gluten free items but we do not take any precautions in our kitchen against cross contamination. So if you have a gluten allergy please tell the manager”. So what is the point? I mean seriously? This is what happens when people do “gluten free” as part of a diet fad. There is a lack of serious education on gluten in restaurants. I actually ordered off a gluten free menu at this one restaurant. I spoke to the manager and he said that he would make sure it was cooked on a separate area etc. Then, my food came out with BREAD on the plate. I couldn’t believe it! I was ticked off at the manager for clearly promising that he would “look after my food” , and then not following through. I was also ticked at the kitchen for not seeing “GLUTEN ALLERGY” written across the ticket. Anyway, PF Changs is awesome! I always feel safe when I eat there. I have never had a problem… and their food is delicious. We actually got carry-out from there last night. So good!


Exercise:
Ya, did not exercise today. Should have, but I didn’t. ERG. No excuses I know. 

Meditation: 
I spent some time studying God’s word today. The lesson was based on God’s tabernacle and how it was the responsibility of the Israelites to maintain it. God blesses us and offers us salvation, but it is our responsibility to be obedient to Him. I enjoyed the lesson. I also spend some time in prayer. My heart has been heavy with just all the things I have on my plate right now. The holidays are approaching and I am starting to feel a bit overwhelmed. This time of the year also makes me wish for certain things that I can’t have right now. So, focusing on the present becomes a struggle.

Random Act of Kindness: 
I reached out to a friend who wasn’t having a great day. I just tried to comfort her and offer her prayer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment