Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Lattes... in a Crockpot! YUM!



The first project I am going to "get done" from my Pinterest page is a recipe. I have a whole Pinterest board dedicated to things for the fall. My board is called "When the Leaves Fall". It contains recipes, decor, picture ideas etc.

Anyway, lets start with something simple! I am going to attempt to make the Crockpot Pumpkin Spice Lattes. Since I can't drink Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattes (because they won't confirm if they are gluten free), I figured I would make my own! What could be more simple than a crockpot version. I love my crockpot and I use it whenever I possibly can.

Ok, so lets get started...Here is the original Pinterest link and the original source! (Gotta give credit where credit is due!)




Basically the recipe calls for:

8 Tbs of pumpkin puree (I used Libby's because I know it is GF)
8 Tbs of vanilla (I use Adam's Extract because it is all natural and GF)
2 Tsp of cinnamon
4 Cups of strong coffee
6 cups of milk (I use organic)
8 Tbs of sugar (I think you could substitute Agave, but I used organic sugar)
Whipping cream (for a topping) -She says this is optional. I typically love whipped cream on my coffee, BUT I forgot to make it after I finished making the lattes. Oh well! Next time!




Basically you put the coffee and milk together in the crockpot and mix. You mix the other ingredients together and then add them to the crockpot, cover, and cook for 2 hours. It was super easy!


The result was very good (we drank the whole thing in one day... with the help of some friends)! Good think I used decaf! I think if I was to make it again, I would use a milder coffee, a bit more vanilla, and maybe some more pumpkin. The great thing about this recipe is you can try different things! It is definitely worth a try.


Yum!

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Me too! I am always so sad after the fall ends and no more pumpkin!

      Delete
  2. You had me sold with pumpkin spice lattes but the fact that I can make it in the crockpot, even better!!! thanks for sharing. I'm a new follower. Saw you on the SITS blog challenge. Hope you have a great rest of the day!!!

    Stacey @gluedtomycrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete