Thursday, September 20, 2012

Houston Blogger Symposium Update!




This past weekend I went to my first blogging event. I went to the Houston Blogger Symposium. It was a great time! It was a great opportunity for me to connect with other local bloggers. I typically don't do well at networking events. I am just an extremely awkward person. I am a super wall flower...I don't do well with approaching people I don't know. However, we were all placed at tables with different people. Once we all sat down together, I got to know some people. UPDATE: Here are some pictures that were taken by Paige Budde at the symposium!

Me chatting with Paige





Here are some of the cute table decorations (and yes we did have champagne at 10am!):








I connected specifically with these bloggers:
Photobucket







I am so excited for the new blog friendships! I definitely will go again! We also got these wonderful "Swag Bags" from Francesca's Collections and Langford Market. So many cute things in the bag such as soap, lotion, a scarf, a tank, leggings, jewelry, etc. It was like early Christmas.. haha! I even wore the earrings I got yesterday.. love them! 
We also got to hear from a wonderful panel of bloggers. Overall, it was a great experience and I definitely will want to go again sometime. 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a blast! Gotta love new friends and goodie bags! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww yay! Thanks for the shout out! I'm glad we met! Another fun blogger to connect with in Houston!! :-) Your pictures are great! And P.S. you weren't awkward at alL! lol

    Shasie of Live Life in Style
    Check out my interview of Jane By Design Actor Bryan Dechart

    ReplyDelete
  3. women are awesome, bloggers are awesome, what a perfect match!
    I loved everything about this weekend. :)
    B

    ReplyDelete