Thursday, September 27, 2012

Yummy White Chicken Chili




As I mentioned before, this week has been crazy. I have been actually writing my blog posts the morning before I go to work. I should have written some of them this weekend to get ahead, but this weekend was CRAZY busy. This pin is basically the same pin as on Tuesday. However, it is a different recipe from the same pin. (I told you I was on a fall kick! What says "fall" more than chili and soup?!)


Here is the pin. I know it looks like the tomato soup. However, it is really a link to around 20 different soups and chilis. On Tuesday, I made the tomato soup. Today I am sharing the White Chicken Chili. 

Source: familyfun.go.com via Lindsey on Pinterest

The recipe called for quite a bit of spices, which I combined first to save time. Check out the full recipe on the pin above for details instructions. It also called for a whole onion, butter, and white kidney beans. Well, we couldn't find any white kidney beans at the store that we "knew" were gluten free. Therefore, we just bought regular kidney beans. Honestly, it tastes delicious with the regular ones, so don't feel pressured to find the "white" ones. (Please excuse these photos... I totally didn't edit because I didn't have much time).

The spices


Onion


Basically, you make a mixture of the onion and spices and cook it. It definitely is fragrant. Yum!




The recipe calls for cooked chicken. So I cooked my chicken in a dish in the oven. Then I cut it with kitchen scissors (which is soooo much easier than cutting it with a knife). Now, you can also cut your chicken before you cook it. It will cook faster that way, however it may dry out a bit.



Then you add the chicken, the corn and the beans. (Again, look to the pin for the detailed instructions!). I get organic corn because most corn is GMO, and I don't want any of that!

Organic corn

2 cans kidney beans

Ok, can I just say for the record that I LOVE LOVE LOVE these green chilis. I have used them in a million different recipes.
2 cans diced green chilis.
 Here is the mixing stage.

Then you add chicken broth and a bit of milk (or cream but I am watching my calories so I chose milk).


You add a bit of flour as a thickener. I used rice flour because I am gluten intolerant. Here is the final result. It tastes VERY good. Ivan loved it. He is always the first to tell me if a recipe was "good, but not good enough to make again". He definitely loved this. He pretty much ate it all before I got to have any!




So what recipes have you been trying this fall? Anything interesting? Anything that you plan to make a tradition?

No comments:

Post a Comment