Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Day 10: Happiness Project - Bracelet, Fall, Alzheimer's Walk


Today was Day 10 (I skipped yesterday because I was home sick and decided not to write) of the Happiness Project. Click here to find out more about the Happiness project. Three thankful items: 

1. My Pretty Blogger Gift
See my post about this here. I did a Blogger gift exchange. It was super fun and I got a wonderful gift from Stephanie at A Blessed Home!



2. A Fall Morning
I woke up this morning, and it was 60 degrees outside. It was so refreshing. It really is starting to feel like fall (at least in the mornings). I really love it. It makes me excited for the holidays. I wish I was in TN right now though. I could see the trees change etc. But, in an attempt to live in the present… I am excited for the weather here, today, in Houston. 

3. Alzheimer’s Walk Tomorrow 
I really have something to look forward to today. Tomorrow is the Walk to End Alzheimer’s tomorrow. I am super excited. I have my purple shirt ready and the names people sent me written on the back of the shirt. I am super eager to get walking. The weather also has been nice, so I am looking forward to a nice cool morning tomorrow! (Don't forget these posts are on a delay! Blog post coming soon on how the Alzheimer's walk went!)



Exercise:
No, but I haven’t been feeling well either. That isn’t really a great excuse but it is something to consider. I have lost a few pounds though which is motivating me to get back out there. 

Meditation: 
I spent some time studying God’s word. Today’s lesson was contentment. It really couldn’t come at a better time. After the bad news from the last couple days, I have become very frustrated with my “present”. My future isn’t what I want it to be either. Anyway, being content was clearly the message. I read some verses as part of the lesson that were encouraging though. It was just God’s reminder to me, to continue to trust in Him:

Psalms 84:11-12
“For the LORD God is a sun and shield; 
The LORD gives grace and glory; 
No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly.
O LORD of hosts, 
How blessed is the man who trusts in You!”

Random Act of Kindness: 
Erg.. I was bad here.. and I failed. 


Day 10 down, 20 days to go!

2 comments:

  1. Great post! Love that bracelet. =] I am TOTALLY jealous of your weather!!! Erg! Although, I guess you all get the extremes there- meaning a scorching hot, humid summer with no beach breeze as well. (Still jealous of 60 degrees, though!!!) Glad God brought the message of contentment to you in your time of need. Whoever says God's Word isn't living obviously hasn't read it. =] Thanks for sharing each day! You inspire me! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post and your gift! Slightly jealous that you are so good at your blogging and mine is still in the set up stage and I am a little bit worried about starting it. It is my lack of confidence in my own creativity, which God gave to me, so I should embrace this gift from Him instead.

    ReplyDelete