Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Day 13: Happiness Project - Completed Tasks, Photo Editing, and Photoshop


Today was Day 13 of the Happiness Project. Click here to find out more about the Happiness project. 

Three thankful items: 

1) Finally getting this project done at work. 
There was a large project at work that I actually do monthly. This month there were so many delays that were dependent on the IT group. It was driving me nuts that I couldn’t finish the reports. Anyway, I finished today and it feels so good to have that finally off my plate (just in time for next month).

2) Progress on Photo Editing
Last night I was editing photos like crazy for the engagement shoot and newborn shoot that I recently did. I have a really hard time with editing photos. I think I just like it too much. I don’t know when to just say “this is good… now walk away”. Ug, sometimes I will be editing a photos and I realize that I have edited EVERY SINGLE ONE. This is taking up too much of my time. I need to get better at just batch processing my photos, tweeking a little bit here and there, and then just letting it be. Either way, I have made good progress… which is saying a lot because I do all this editing after working a full day!

3) New Photoshop
I spent hours today working on photoshoping this one picture. Omgoodness…it took forever. It was just being so glitchy etc. I have the new photoshop CS6 sitting in a box unopened at the current moment. I just haven’t installed it yet. I was too nervous to install a new version for these last two shoots. I already know how to use my old CS3 so… basically I didn’t want to end up “stuck” not knowing how to use the new version. Anyway though, I am going to install this ASAP because it has to be better than the one I am using now. I am thankful that I have it!

Exercise:
I can’t find any time to do this between working and photo editing. I am going to have to get my rear up at 5am I think. Ug… didn’t want to do that but I guess it is going to have to happen. 

Meditation: 
I spent some more time in prayer today. I have been enjoying just praying for a bit. I have been doing a Beth Moore study and I have really been enjoying it. I finished one of the weeks though and I am just spending some time in prayer before starting the next week. I have really had a heavy heart lately. It may just be that the holidays are approaching, but I am really wanting a change. We will see. 

Random Act of Kindness: 
Completed this today. Sometimes I don’t like to share these though… so I will just say that I completed it 

Day 13 down, 17 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment