Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Day 17: Happiness Project - To do list, Nausea, Ivan's B-day


Today was Day 17 of the Happiness Project. Click here to find out more about the Happiness project. Three thankful items: 

1) Knocking some items off my to do list
I have had some items on my to do list for like EVER. One of them was to get a new shower caddy for our shower. If you have ever seen our shower, it is basically a typical glass shower. However, it has no place to hold any shower essentials (like shampoo, conditioner, etc). I could get one of those dispensers for the wall, however, I HATE cleaning those out when I change shampoos etc. Also, I would have to buy at LEAST two 4-container dispensers, because Ivan has a shampoo, and body wash. Whereas, I have a normal shampoo, normal conditioner, red boosting shampoo, red boosting conditioner, and body wash. Anyway, we thought about getting one of those suspension rod holders that fits nicely in the shower corner. However, the lovely designers at Perry homes dixed that idea when they made the wall SLANTED right about the shower. ERG! We tried to use one of the caddys that hangs off the shower head, however, the slant on ours is so steep that all of the caddys slide off (we have tried EVERYTHING). Therefore, we finally came up with a brilliant idea. Get some shower/bath command strips w/hooks and hang the caddy (the type that typically hangs from the shower head) on the command strips. Guess what! That worked like a charm! It held a TON of weight (because we used 3). However, the caddy we got rusted within 2-3 weeks. It was really sad. It has now been 6 months and we still have the rusted caddy (it is pretty gross looking with all the rust it has accumulated). So I finally went on Amazon and started searching for caddys that would not rust (but weren’t plastic). I found one that seems great! It is stainless steel (has great reviews) and hangs OVER the glass wall of the shower. What a genius idea (I think I did a little happy dance)! It will be here within 7-10 days so we will see how it actually works out. I have high hopes!

2) No Nausea (No I am NOT pregnant)
Yesterday I was put on a medication (short term), and the first day it seemed to make me nauseous. I was a bit nervous that it was going to continue to make me nauseous, but today I feel fine. That is just a blessing in itself. 

3) Celebrating Ivan’s B-day
We celebrated Ivan’s birthday a bit early this week. He is turning 27! Omgosh we are getting closer to 30 every day! We went to Fogo De Chao, figuring he is Brazilian and we love the place… it seemed appropriate. Yay for delicious food consisting of meat, meat, meat, and cheese bread! YUM!


Exercise:
(Does my happy dance in #1 count?...no? oh well!) We went to dinner instead. I know I am failing in this area. Hopefully this doesn’t make the whole experiment a flop. If it does then, oh well. I need to start exercising but honestly… I haven’t had time. I have the Komen 5K this weekend though (remember these posts are on a delay) so that should count right? 

Meditation: 
Spent time in prayer

Random Act of Kindness: 
We gave the waiter at the restaurant a good tip even though he didn’t really deserve it. He clearly was having a bad day. 

Day 17 down, 13 days to go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment