Monday, October 1, 2012

Day 8: Happiness Project - Suitcases, Gluten Free Icecream, and Donors!


Today was Day 8 of the Happiness Project. Click here to find out more about the Happiness project. I am actually starting to notice a difference. Believe it or not, I find myself looking for the positives in each day. Often times I find myself thinking “oh that could be one of my three thankful items!” then I realize I already have three for the day.  The three things I am thankful for today are:

1. Suitcases
I have a really fun photoshoot coming up and yesterday night I found a guy selling 3 vintage suitcases for only $20! I think they will be perfect for the shoot so I am really excited! Remember these posts are on a delay! See more of the photos at www.LindseyPortugal.com!

            

2. Gluten Free Ice cream
This goes against my diet but we were at whole food yesterday and I found some yummy chocolate peanut butter ice cream. Omgoodness, it was such a wonderful treat last night. It had been quite a while since I had had ice cream. Ivan keeps ice cream with gluten in the house (the only thing in our home with gluten) to keep me out of it.


3. Everyone who donated to my Race for Alzheimer’s 
Today I went to pick up Ivan’s and my shirts for the Alzheimer’s walk this Saturday. First, I wanted to say thank you to everyone who donated to this cause. This cause is very close to my heart. People in my family have had it, and people in my extended family have had it. From the response I received, it seemed that many other families have been affected by it as well. I am excited to walk in the race and I will be proudly wearing my shirt as well as the names of the individuals that people have provided to me. 

Exercise:
I went running this morning with Ivan. It had been a little more than a week since I had gone running. Therefore, I had to start with week 3 again on the couch to 5K program. I was on week 4 before (but I was struggling). It was nice to get out and exercise with Ivan again! 

Meditation: 
Spent time in prayer today and studying the Bible. I am always learning things. 

Random Act of Kindness: 
I spent some time chatting with a friend about something she needed to talk about. I just took time out of my work day to be there for her.  

Day 8 down, 22 days to go!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for your efforts with Alzheimer’s. My father in law died from this disease a few months ago. My hubby and I do this walk in his honor and in hopes for them finding a cure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for walking!! I screenshotted (new word) your picture with mom's name on it and will share it with my dad and siblings. THANK YOU!!! I had NO CLUE that so many people had Alzheimer's until my mom got it. And I know that our small little nursing home is just one of probably MILLIONS in the US where people have this disease. We have GOT to find a cure!! Thanks again for walking!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do you do this? I would like to also. Or could you send me the photo?? Thanks!

      Delete
  3. i need to get back on couch to 5 k!! of course im on the couch as i write this. following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so bittersweet. When I made the donation it was to be in honor of my mom. By the time the race came, it was in her memory instead of in her honor. Maybe just a great way to honor her memory! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete