Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Day 21-22: Happiness Project - Voice, Flash, Nephew,


In an effort to hurry this up,  I am going to post two days worth today. 

Today was Day 21 of the Happiness Project. Click here to find out more about the Happiness project. 

Three thankful items: 

1) Getting my quarter work done early
I put together some different reports and financial statements for my employer. However, typically my reports are the last ones to be completed. I have to wait for the numbers to be final. When they finally stop changing, it is like a fire drill to get all my reports done. It is such a pain… and typically causes me a ton of stress. However, this month, the numbers were finalized early. This gave me plenty of time to just prepare my reports in peace. It was great! It still was a bit stressful... but not nearly as bad as it has been in the past. 

2) The Voice!
So as many of you know, I don’t have cable (see this post). Anyway, I don’t typically get around to watching too many new shows unless I see them advertised on a billboard or something. Anyway, I was organizing my office the other day and had nothing to watch, so I decided to watch episodes of The Voice. I am actually caught up to date now on the show, but I watched all the blind auditions in like one day during my cleaning/organizing. ANYWAY, I am totally in love with the show. I have decided that I want to audition for it. I have had people tell me that I should try out for American Idol but the thought of just sitting in a line for days doesn’t really interest me. The Voice open casting call (which is NOT what you see on TV) is a bit more organized so it seems. You actually have a date and a time where you show up. They also take video submissions. I don’t like video submissions though because I don’t have the proper equipment to capture good sounds on video. You also have to sing the song with music on the video submission (the live casting call you sing acapella). Since, all I have is like karaoke tracks, I figured it wouldn’t be the best to submit a video. Therefore, I am planning (as of now) on going to the live audition in…..Atlanta, GA! It is 13 hours away and you have the choice to audition on January 19 (Saturday) or January 20 (Sunday). I chose Sunday, that will give me time to drive there on Saturday. I am still trying to determine which songs I want to sing… I have to prepare 2 songs (and I may only sing 1 or I may sing 2 depending on what they ask for). One of the songs will probably be Blue (by LeAnn Rimes). If you have ever been to karaoke with me… you have heard me sing this song.. haha! I just think it will be awesome to show off the yodeling that the song requires. The second song is still in debate… I am thinking either I Told You So (by Randy Travis/Carrie Underwood), Stand By Your Man (Tammy Wynette), How Do I Live (LeAnn Rimes), When Whoever’s in New England (Reba McEntire), or a bunch of other Reba songs…haha! Anyway, I am betting I won’t get past the first round for the Open Casting Call… but I think I am going to do it.. just for the heck of it.



3) My new flash
With some of the money I made from my last couple of photoshoots, I invested in a flash unit! I have never really worked with flash lighting (and typically prefer natural lighting). However, it is really necessary that I learn so that is my newest project. It is not as easy as you would think. 

Exercise:
Nope… and the alarms were set to do it … but we didn’t

Meditation: 
Spent some time praying today, and did part of my bible study. 

Random Act of Kindness: 
I helped a colleague out with something at work that I didn’t really have to. 


Day 22

Today was Day 22 of the Happiness Project. Three thankful items: 

1) Getting a cute picture of my nephew for my office
A couple days ago I got a package from my sister. Inside was a black frame with a cute picture of my nephew TJ (picture taken by Erica J Photography). Isn’t he just adorable! I am so glad to have a picture of him for my office now. I have been showing the picture off to my colleagues (I am sure they are annoyed.. hehe). 



2) Ice Cream Sandwich
My phone FINALLY updated to the Ice Cream Sandwich operating system! Yay! I have been waiting for this. It definitely has some benefits, however, I have seen quite a few negatives to it as well. Oh well! It is still good to have it. On the downside, every time I say/write the name, I start craving ice cream sandwiches… mmmmm yum!

3) Ivan’s work Fall Picnic
This Saturday we are going to Ivan’s company’s fall picnic. It should be fun. I am looking forward to it.  (this of course already passed)... here is a pic from the event.  



Exercise:
Nope

Meditation: 
Spent some time praying today, and did part of my bible study. 

Random Act of Kindness: 
Held the door for a person on the elevator. 

Day 22 down, 8 days to go!  

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome that you're auditioning. I always thought it would be fun to try out for a show even though I don't have any singing talent, but just for the fun of it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete