Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Day 23-24: Happiness Project-Fun with Friends, Weather


Today was Day 23 of the Happiness Project. Click here to find out more about the Happiness project. I have been sick lately so it has been really tough for me to remember to do this. I guess I am somewhat defeating the purpose by not doing it EVERY day, but whatever!

Three thankful items: 

1) Having a fun Halloween
We don’t really celebrate Halloween in our house. My family never did, so we don’t. This meant that as kids we didn’t do trick or treating. We did fall festivals at the church and those types of things. However, we do pass out candy to the kids in our neighborhood. This Halloween was actually pretty fun because we passed out some candy at our house, then we went over to my friend Jessica’s house and we walked around with her little one as he went door to door. It was also her husband’s birthday so we had fun celebrating that after the trick or treating. It overall was a pretty fun night!

2) Finally starting to feel better
This whole week I either had a cold or really bad allergies. Either way, I am so glad that I am finally starting to feel better! Whew!

3) The weather!!!!
The weather this week has been awesome. On the weekend it was in the 50s…LOVE! I am so glad to have the weather finally cool down a bit. However, I don’t have faith it will last. I will just have to enjoy it while it lasts. 

Exercise:
Nope but I was giving my body a chance to rest from being sick. 

Meditation: 
Spent some time praying

Random Act of Kindness: 
Went over and helped someone (no specific details)


Today was Day 24 of the Happiness Project. 

Three thankful items: 

1) Finding a dress for my Christmas party
Both Ivan’s company and my company have a Christmas party each year. This will be the first year that we actually go to two parties. I went to KPMG’s Christmas party the first year I worked there back in 2008. Then they stopped having Christmas parties. Last year, we went to Ivan’s company’s Christmas party. It was a blast (I wore the same dress that I wore the KPMG party)! This year, I decided that after 4 years, it was time to get a new dress. I have worn my blue dress (here) on cruises, to parties, and other events. It was time for something else. So, I just bought a dress at Nordstroms that I think is gorgeous! I wish I could show it off, but the size in the store was a bit big so they ordered me one in the proper size. I can’t wait for it to arrive!!

2) Christmas Shopping-Almost finished
I know… it is not even Thanksgiving yet! I am almost finished with my shopping. I only have about 2-3 more people to shop for and the I will be done (other than shopping for Ivan). Actually, I have pretty much done all of the Christmas shopping for myself too. All it took was one trip to the Houston Camera Exchange! Haha!

3) Spending time with my Aunt Reba
I spent the a large portion of Saturday with my Aunt Reba. She got her Nikon D800E in the mail and she needed some lenses (heck ya!). So, off we went to the Houston Camera Exchange. She ended up getting a great lens, and a bunch of other accessories. One of the other lenses she wanted wasn’t in stock so she is going to pick that up later. It was really fun! 

Exercise:
Yes, Ivan and I did Insanity. I am super sore now… ug! 

Meditation: 
Spent some time in prayer today. I have had a lot on my heart and it has been a bit rough. 

Random Act of Kindness: 
Does buying everyone’s Christmas presents count? 

Day 23-24 down, 6 days to go! 

1 comment:

  1. I just realized I never looked at the dress. dang

    ReplyDelete