Thursday, January 31, 2013

New Years!


Ok, so it has been a while since I have blogged. There is a reason for this. I think over time, I have tried to make this blog something that it is not. I started this blog to just be fun. It was started to be somewhere where I could right down my thoughts, document my life, and just basically write. I didn’t design it to be a DIY blog, a fashion blog, a ministry blog, a political blog, or anything else. Will I talk about these things? Of  COURSE! I am a very opinionated person….therefore, you WILL see posts that are political, or religious. You will also see posts about DIY projects and fashion. This blog is able my life. The fact that I don’t have a niche doesn’t bother me too much. I think over the last year, I have tried to find a niche, but in all reality, I think that boxes me in. I get stuck not writing because I feel like my posts and thoughts are off topic. However, from now on… I am just going to write what I want… when I want. 


So, what am I writing about today? WELLL….. now that we are at the end of January, I figured it would probably be best to share my New Year’s goals/resolutions. Honestly, I have seen over a dozen blogs that say “I am not going to do resolutions this year… I am breaking the mold… I am doing ‘goals’”. Honestly, it isn’t really originally… it seems like 2013 is the year of “goals” rather than resolution. In all reality… they are kind of the same. I guess you could argue that they are different, but let’s not kid ourselves (I think in reality, people have always set goals rather than resolutions.. we are just picking the correct vocabulary word this year). Therefore, I am making “goals/resolutions” ha! 

Ivan and I grouped our goals/resolutions into categories this year. So here they are:


Work/Business
  • Get logo/branding figured out. (Almost have final logo)
  • Second shoot 4 weddings.  (Have one lined up!)
  • Shoot at least 4 portrait shoots. 
Spiritual
  • Finish Beth Moore Study.  (Been working on it... on week 5)
  • Finish reading the Bible. 
  • Pray every day together before work. 
Physical
  • Exercise 4 days a week. (failing!)
  • Get back to goal weight. 
  • Try to “eat” all needed vitamins rather than pop pills
Home Related
  • Get new tree 
  • Get yard remulched and maintain. 
  • Fix nail pops in house.
  • Get all grout cleaned and sealed. 
  • Get office completed. 
Financial
  • Stick to the budget. 
  • Pay off the Miata

We set our goals low this year because we wanted to be reasonable. Are we going to try to accomplish MORE than these… of course! However, I find that if I set my expectations too high, I end up giving up before I even start. Maybe that is the perfectionist in me getting overwhelmed. Anyway, I think the hardest goals to accomplish will be the work goals and the spiritual goals. 

I also understand that some of these are more like “tasks” rather than goals but I am fine with that! I failed miserably at my last year’s resolutions. I would link to the blog post, but figuring I am so ashamed, I will just let you dig for it if you really want to see my utter failure! 

Anyway, I can say that I am already working on many of these goals. I think I will be successful this year! So I am excited! Copy and paste a link to your new year's post in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. What works for me is setting goals that I know are attainable. That way, anything else I may accomplish on top of that is icing. Too many times I've set myself up for failure. Best wishes to you in the coming year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! Agreed! That is why this year, I only have a few "semi-tough" goals! I am now a follower of your blog! :)

      Delete