Saturday, June 29, 2013

Baby Portugal: 17 Weeks




The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

The Good:
- Started really doing some serious registry building
- Getting even closer to finding out the gender
- No barfing this week! Woot!
- Feeling baby move… or “quickening”… she/he is hanging out on my left side!

The Bad
- Baby stuff is expensive! 
- I have definitely been having some round ligament pain (from belly stretching).. this is kind of a good thing too!
- I have been the laziest person on the planet

The Ugly
- The acid has been very bad lately, it literally feels like it is filling my esophagus..!
- Going along with the acid (and indigestion) is burping… sometimes it happens and I can’t even control it. It is pretty embarrassing.
- I am very nervous that I am just going to burp sometime and instead it is going to be barf..


I am not as fond of this picture as some of the other ones.. but oh well!





17 Weeks

How far along: 17 weeks
Total weight gain: gained 10 lbs so far.. I am sure it is coming in the next few weeks
Stretch marks: None yet. Been using cocoa butter and coconut oil… but I am sure I am doomed
Sleep: Sleeping well this week!  
Best moment of this week: We are having a small party for close friends and family on the 12th to reveal the gender of the baby.  I found and ordered the cutest little “items” to reveal the gender. Of course I had to order in boy and girl because I don’t even know yet! 
Miss anything: Having a normal digestive system.. 
Movement: Yes! I felt a little bit of what they call “quickening”. I have to really be still and concentrate to feel it though. 
Food cravings: Not really… although I would be highly disappointed if I couldn’t have my morning chocolate milk.   I did have a craving this weekend for king crab!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Didn’t feel very nauseous this week.. only on Tuesday morning was I bit “unsettled”. Hopefully it has passed! 
Have you started to show yet: Yes, although not enough for people to just “assume” I am pregnant.
Gender: Find out July 10th! I bought some really cute things to use for the reveal!
Labor signs: Haha.. no.This question won’t get updated for a WHILE
Belly button in or out: In… for a while I am sure
Wedding rings on or off: Wedding rings are still on. I test them every week to see if they can come off… we will see. I haven’t had much swelling yet, so I am still good.  
Happy or moody most of the time: Pretty happy this week. I have been VERY lazy lately though. 
Looking forward to: This is probably going to remain the same until after the 10th!  I can’t wait to find out baby Portugal’s gender! I also am really excited about my parents coming this next week. I get a nice 4 day weekend to relax (or possibly clean grout  ).  

No comments:

Post a Comment