Friday, June 7, 2013

Baby Portugal: Weeks 10 and 14


I am a bad blogger. There I said it. I am just going to come out an admit it. I always think “I should blog about that” but other things come up and it never happens. Oh well, such is life. Anyway, I have a pretty good reason to be consistent with blogging though for a while. I figured I better make this first post before it gets so long that no one wants to read it. 

Anyway, so what is my big reason for blogging. Well….here it is! However, you probably already heard the news on Facebook.  





I figured that even though I am 14 weeks, I should answer some inevitable questions now: 

Were we trying? Yes, we were
How far along are you? 14 weeks
When are you due? December 6th, 2013 (tax baby … perfect for a CPA right… God has a great sense of humor)

We are really excited about this journey we have started. It is super exciting and scary at the same time. 
I haven’t really started to “show” much but I decided that I probably should get in the habit of taking pics.


At the moment there really isn’t much there anyway.  However,  there is enough to put me into maternity clothes for the most part. 

So, lets do some questions. I know these may be boring for all you readers but I want this blog to have a good record of this pregnancy. I actually started this at 10 weeks and because of the cruise, I stopped.

10 Weeks

How far along: 10 weeks
Total weight gain: gained 5 lbs so far (hopefully mostly water weight)
Maternity clothes: I plan on getting some work pants this weekend, but so far I am able to use the belly band with my current ones. Today was my first day wearing the belly band. I try to mostly wear dresses as many of my skirts have gotten too tight. 
Stretch marks: None yet. 
Sleep: Getting up really early to pee, and in the middle of the night. I have moments where I can sleep all day. Then other times, it is hard for me to stay asleep. 
Best moment of this week: Last week was actually more exciting, I had my first ultrasound. I also got to tour the Nativiti birthing center! It was super exciting. This week was rather unexciting. I got some more maternity clothes for the cruise, that’s about it. 
Miss anything: Eating food like a normal person. 
Movement: Nope. It is way too early for that. 
Food cravings: Honestly, no real cravings, just food aversions. I never want to eat anything. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Almost everything. I haven’t actually vomited, but I am always slightly queasy. Chicken makes me grossed out and I mostly want to eat cold things. 
Have you started to show yet: I am not sure if it is true showing or more like bloat or water weight. 
Gender: Not sure.. won’t know for awhile
Labor signs: Haha.. no.This question won’t get updated for a WHILE
Belly button in or out: In… for a while I am sure
Wedding rings on or off: Wedding rings are on. However, the ring on my right hand already felt a little tight so I took it off just in case. 
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy this week. I think I have been pretty emotionally stable so far. 
Looking forward to: My vacation. We are going to Italy soon on a cruise. I seriously cannot wait! It is so exciting. Ivan and I have been planning this for 5 years. We said we would do it for our 5 year anniversary, and so we are. The fact that I am pregnant is just icing on the cake!

14 Weeks
How far along: 14 weeks
Total weight gain: gained 7 lbs so far, but I figure that will increase now that I am in the 2nd trimester
Maternity clothes: I am in full-fledged maternity clothes. Most of them are still a bit big for me but my normal clothes are too small. 
Stretch marks: None yet, I need to start prepping for this. 
Sleep: Getting up really early to pee, and in the middle of the night. I have moments where I can sleep all day. Then other times, it is hard for me to stay asleep. 
Best moment of this week: This week was AWESOME. I went to the Midwife for an appt and they were going to listen to the heartbeat. Well, they were having trouble finding the heartbeat on the Doppler (which scared me!). So I got a free ultrasound. I got to see baby Portugal just playing away in there… moving little hands, arms, and legs! It was the neatest thing EVER!
 Miss anything: Luckily eating has gone back to normal. I miss being able to take my HOT baths. I have to take warm baths now which is not nearly as relaxing.   
Movement: Well I saw movement on the u/s but I can’t feel it yet.  
Food cravings: I craved corndogs a few times, I even ate them for breakfast once.  
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing specifically makes me queasy or sick right now. A few weeks ago it was horrible. I threw up a lot. Luckily the last week has been MUCH better and I think I may have seen the end of it.  
Have you started to show yet: Maybe a little? 
Gender: Not sure… but we will know on July 10th (right after my b-day!)
Labor signs: Haha.. no.This question won’t get updated for a WHILE
Belly button in or out: In… for a while I am sure
Wedding rings on or off: Wedding rings are on. 
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy this week. I think I have been pretty emotionally stable so far. 
Looking forward to: I am looking forward to the anatomy scan where I find out the gender. I am also looking forward to the 4th of July weekend! Yay for days off of work!


2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful news! I had no idea; congratulations Portugals! I know you've wanted to be a mommy for so long, so this is just awesome! You're glowing already :-)

    ReplyDelete