Sunday, July 7, 2013

Baby Portugal: 18 Weeks


The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

The Good:
- Only 2.4 more work days till I find out gender! YAY!
- Belly is definitely getting bigger
- I have been in a pretty happy mood!
- No swelling, barfing, headaches, etc this week!
- Got some stuff called “Natural Calm” which my friend Elizabeth recommended to me. It is a natural magnesium product, and will help with headaches and constipation (which I suffer from)
- Been able to take my prenatal vitamin most days! Hurray!

The Bad
- My head is kind of swimming with all the research I have been doing. I am typically a research oriented girl anyway, but it seems like I now find myself researching every baby product ever made! 
- Pregnancy brain and laziness… I was late to a meeting at work this week despite the fact that Outlook had a POP UP reminder for me! I also have just found myself unmotivated to do anything but sit on the couch when I get home from work. 
- Constipation…

The Ugly
- Acne everywhere it seems. It isn’t super bad on my face, just near my hair line. However, it is ALL over my chest.. and I am getting zits on my neck! How weird is that?!




18 Weeks

How far along:
 18 weeks
Total weight gain: gained 10 lbs so far. I have no clue where my belly, butt, and thigh growth is coming from since I haven’t been gaining any weight! 
Stretch marks: None yet. Been using cocoa butter and coconut oil… but I am sure I am doomed
Sleep: Sleeping well this week!  
Best moment of this week: I went swimming in my Aunt Reba’s saltwater pool. It was amazing! It was great to escape from the 108 degree weather, and get some “cool” exercise.  I also got the master bathroom all cleaned out! My parents also arrived!
Miss anything: Sleeping on my stomach…. Oh how I long for this! 
Movement: Not really much since last week.  
Food cravings: Oh I am still craving king crab, which really isn’t cheap so I am not satisfying this craving. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Didn’t feel very nauseous this week. 
Have you started to show yet: Yes, although not enough for people to just “assume” I am pregnant. At least I don't think so. 
Gender: Find out July 10th! I bought some really cute things to use for the reveal!
Labor signs: Haha.. no.This question won’t get updated for a WHILE
Belly button in or out: In… for a while I am sure
Wedding rings on or off: Wedding rings are still on. I test them every week to see if they can come off… we will see. I haven’t had much swelling yet, so I am still good.  
Happy or moody most of the time: Been happy… a bit moody here and there but overall happy.  
Looking forward to: Gender reveal!!! Also, I am in the middle of my 4 day weekend, so that is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment